If the saying runs true that women can never have enough shoes, the same would be true for us ketonians (people who follow keto) with meal ideas. We can never have enough. Whether you are new to or seasoned in the ketogenic lifestyle, we all can use some help to add some culinary variety to our lifestyle. So this is why I have decided to start dropping some keto meal prep ideas.
We may not have the same taste but that’s ok. Maybe a meal idea here will get your mental juices flowing and help you think of something. Oh yeah, before I forget, I think it is important to know that I am a lazy cook. I love eating food but I love not having to work so hard for it even more. So if my meals look like a combination of extra and lazy as hell, then you know where my motivation started and stopped at.
What’s For Dinner… I Mean Break-Fast?
When you start following keto and intermittent fasting, the concept of breakfast, lunch and dinner goes out the window. If you are anything like me, breakfast is the first meal (and sometimes the only meal) of the day which can happen at 4 or 5pm. Yes. I some times don’t have my first meal until the evening and my body is quite great with that. So things like breakfast, lunch, dinner or meal all have the same meaning to me.
As for this meal idea, I chose to take 2 of my favorite American dishes and combine them together for a rather unique OMAD (one meal a day) experience. I took the concept of pizzas and burgers to create the Pizza Burger. I know. I know. The name itself screams culinary genius but hold all applause and accolades until you have tried this out for yourself. Call me old fashion but I like to earn my praise. Lol.
Pizza Burger, The Best Of Both Worlds…
That is if you think pizza and burgers are 2 of your favorite foods. Otherwise, the title makes this moment a bit awkward. Ummmm yeah. Let’s just get into how to create the Pizza Burger shall we?
- 16 oz of ground beef (preferably 80/20)
- 2 slices of mozzarella cheese (I used a cheddar cheese slice for one of my burgers)
- 10 slices of pepperoni
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt or to taste (Redmond Real Salt)
- 1.5tbsp of Pizza Seasoning to taste (Frontier Pizza Seasoning)
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a separate bowl, mix together the salt and pizza seasoning in with the ground beef. From there, form 2 patties.
- Cook the burgers in an oven safe skillet until both sides of the patty have browned.
- After the burgers have browned, turned the stove top off and begin to add the slice of cheese, followed by 5 slices of pepperoni, and finished up with the shredded mozzarella.
- Place oven safe skillet in the oven and allow to cook for 10 to 15 min or until cheese gets browned.
- Once done, take out the oven and let cool for about 5 min….or burn your mouth like I did. Your choice.
But Wait…I Thought There Were Veggies & Cheese Sauce
I spent most of what little energy I had cooking those delicious pizza burgers. Now I am only left with the energy and desire to eat something yummy yet super simple.
- 1 bag of steamable frozen veggies (I used broccoli and cauliflower)
- 1 & 2/3 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 16oz of shredded cheese or block cheese shredded( I used cheddar cheese)
- 8oz of cream cheese
- 3 tbsp of garlic butter
- 1 garlic clove or 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1.5tbsp of Sea Salt or to taste (Redmond Real Sea Salt)
- 1 to 2 tbsp of chives (Frontier Natural Products Chives Freeze-Dried)
- Follow the directions for the steamable frozen veggies.
- While the veggies are warming up, add all ingredients to a sauce pot and cook on med-low heat. As the ingredients begin to melt, stir often until all ingredients have blended in together.
- Once all the ingredients have blended in together, reduce the stove top to low and allow cooling prior to serving.
- Once the veggies are done, they can be plated (or put in a bowl) and drowned in yummy cheese sauce.
Some Things To Consider…
Here is a short list of things to consider:
- I do not know what the macros are with this dish. If you want them, then calculate them as you prepare the dish.
- You could use different toppings other than the pepperoni I used.
- You may want to cut the cheese sauce recipe in half. It turned out to be a lot. Oooops.
- The pizza seasoning REALLY gives it the pizzeria like taste, STONGLY RECOMMEND USING IT.
- I prefer to use block cheese over shredded cheese (no use of anti caking ingredients).
- Redmond Real Sea Salt is great for providing the body with electrolytes and our taste buds with flavor.
Now It’s YOUR Turn!
Now that I have written a meal prep idea for you to try out. The only thing left is for you is to try it out and drop a comment below. I want to hear from you.
If there are any comments, questions or concerns, feel free to let me know.