So look, I won’t even lie to you. I love cheesecake. It was one of my top 3 favorite desserts to eat back when I was a carb whore (someone who eats carbs all throughout the day despite being insulin resistant).
I remember in college I would buy a Sam’s strawberry cheesecakes (the one with the huge, oversized strawberries on top) and eat the entire thing in one sitting. I freaking loved cheesecakes.
It was because of that unhealthy love for heavily processed cheesecakes that I tipped the scale at well over 300lbs.
In an ongoing quest to lose weight and improve my health, I discovered keto and denounced my love of cheesecakes.
Well not really, I just knew the cheesecakes I was smashing was also smashing all of my ongoing work I was putting into my weight loss and health improvements. Talk about no progress at all.
I knew one day I would have my cake and eat it too or rather I would be able to enjoy cheesecake, weight loss and good health at the same d*mn time (insert Future song here).
All Hail The “Legendary” Keto Pecan Pie Cheesecake
This dessert fell on my lap after a long stroll through Amazon where I was looking for a new nut butter free of added sugars and vegetable oils. This is where I came across Legendary Foods nut butters. They carry several flavors but the one that caught my eye the most was pecan pie.
Remember earlier how I said cheesecake was one of my favorite desserts? Well pecan pie was the other favorite. So being able to mix 2 of my favorite things into one was a no brainer for me. I actually call that a blessing.
Once I had the cheesecake tasting fire, Legendary Spreads made it super easy to take the cheesecake to a whole new level. (insert mind blowing emoji here)
Well, there’s really no sense in delaying this tasty recipe any longer so let’s get into how to make this cheesecake.
Let’s Get To Caking!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Macros 1 Out Of 12 Slices: 30g Fat, <5g Total Carbs, 9g Protein
- 24 oz Cream cheese (softened)
- 8oz of Legendary Spread Pecan Pie
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sweetener – personally used Swerve Powdered Sugar
- 3 large Egg (duck eggs also work)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- (optional) 2 to 3 tbsp of low carb maple syrup – personally used Pyure Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Grease a 9 in (23 cm) spring-form pan (or you can line the bottom with parchment paper).
- Meanwhile, beat all the ingredients together at low to medium speed until fluffy and fully mixed together.
- Pour the filling into a greased/buttered spring form pan. Smooth the top with a pastry spatula or spoon
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes, until the center is almost set, but still a little soft. You should be able to insert a toothpick and remove it clean.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven. If the edges are stuck to the pan, run a knife around the edges but don’t remove the spring-form edge yet. Let cool and Enjoy!!!!
Bonus: Add the 2 to 3 tablespoons of maple syrup to the cheesecake and spread it out over the top. It will create a thin layer that enhances the overall taste of the dessert.
Some Things To Consider…
- The macros are back at the top just before the ingredients. Don’t get use to that I personally almost never count a macro.
- The macros do fit well within the macros for those living a ketogenic lifestyle.
- You can use any of the other Legendary Spreads like Blueberry Cinnamon Roll and Apple Pie to make other cheesecake varieties. It’s a 1 for 1 swap.
- If you prefer to go plain cheesecake, you can sub out the nut butter with another 8oz of cream cheese.
Now you don’t have to decide between health/weight loss and cheesecake. You can have it all while keeping it super keto.
If you know someone who could use a sweet keto or low carb dessert to pair with their meal, please share with them or on your social media so they too can add some variety to their ketogenic lifestyle.
Leave a comment below! I want to hear from you. Make sure you shout me out so I know when you tried it.
Previously Edited March of 2019