So the other day, I unintentionally fasted for about 24hrs. I finished my fast earlier than usual the day before. Then I woke up the next day and hit the ground running with things to do.
My day was virtually busy from 4:30am til about 5pm. It wasn’t until I started to wind down from my day that my appetite started to kick in.
By kicking in, I mean my stomach was going ham. It felt like my stomach was scraping my back. Now I wouldn’t call this starving but I was definitely ready to appreciate some good food.
Being the smart and frugal person I am, I left all the meat in the freezer. So the only thing I had available to me was cheese, pepperoni and a desire to eat something sooner than later.
All Hail The Mighty Keto Pizza
Thankfully I have mastered the art of making keto pizza and I wish to bestow that power to you.
This is my go to keto meal when I want something good to eat without all the extra prep and cook time involved. This quick and simple recipe takes me on average 30 min to make.
Before I dive into the recipe, one thing I wanted to say is I did not calculate macros for this. I understand there are some of you who prefer to know what the macros consist of. If you are one of those people, calculate it as you recreate it.
Besides, I already know you’re going to tweak the recipe as you make anyway. So the macros won’t even be the same anyway. Lol.
Show Me The Recipe… I Get It
Without any more delay, here’s how to take my favorite ketogenic meal and make it your own.
- 3/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- Pizza seasoning to taste (this really gives it the pizzeria taste)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Dash of Sea Salt or to taste (Redmond Real)
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl mix together 3/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, 2 whole eggs, 2 tbs of sour, and pizza seasoning to taste.
- Mix all ingredients together completely.
- Spread on a nonstick or well greased 12in pizza pan and bake in the oven until the center of crust looks golden brown.
- Take pizza crust out of the oven and place pepperonis or toppings of choosing onto the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on top, add a little more pizza seasoning, and sprinkle a little salt over the pizza before placing it back into the oven.
- Cook on 425 degrees until the cheese has browned.
- Take out the oven, let cool for 5 min before cutting and enjoying.
Simplicity Meets Simply Delicious
That’s it!!! You’re ready to enjoy your keto pizza in about as much time as it takes to drive to Lil Ceasar’s for a Hot N Ready except this doesn’t leave you feeling gassy, bloated and with regret.
If you decide to use the pizza seasoning I recommend, use code BLACKNKETO for 15% off your order. While you are there, you might wanna go ahead and grab yourself a couple of other seasonings like my personal favorite Ranch’tastic or Habanero Salt.
When you try out the recipe, tag me on the Gram @blacknketo, Facebook blacknketo or comment below. I actually like to hear your feedback.