Are you looking for a yummy keto meatloaf recipe? I got you covered with this easy to make recipe.
Meatloaf is one of those dishes that I find either people hate it or love it. There doesn’t seem to be many people who straddle the fence on such a dish. I personally hated meatloaf growing up. It was better than the alternative though…an ass whooping for not eating what was on my plate. Hahaha (insert serious face here)
The one thing that kept playing over and over in my mind was how dry the dish was. Think peanut butter but in a solid brick form. In addition to chomping on peanut butter bricks, I remember the strong taste of bell peppers. So I knew when it came time to recreate the dish, mine would have to be moist and free of bell peppers.
Side Note: I love bell peppers…just not in my meatloaf.
If you are looking to get started or want to know more about keto, CHECK THIS OUT.
I Give To You … Keto Meatloaf
Before I dive into the recipe, I must say this meatloaf is delicious, moist and free of bell peppers.
Cook Time: 60 min
- 2.5 lbs of ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1.5 cups of almond flour
- Salt to taste (I recommend Redmond Real Sea Salt)
- McCormick All Purpose Seasoning to taste
- 4 tbsp of sweetener (I used Swerve Granluar Sweetener)
- 2 tbsp of spicy brown mustard (I used Primal Kitchen Spicy Mustard)
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened ketchup (I used Primal Kitchen Ketchup)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add ground beef, eggs, chopped onions, heavy whipping cream, almond flour and seasoning to a mixing bowl.
- With a spoon or hand, combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. It will have a consistency similar to that of mashed potatoes. (if you desire a firmer mixture, add more almond flour)
- Once everything has been mixed together thoroughly, transfer mixture over to 9in x 13in bake dish and spread out evenly.
- Place in the oven and cook for 50 min.
- While that is cooking, in a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, spicy mustard and sweetener together in a bowl and set aside for later.
- After the meatloaf has cooked for 50 min, drain the excess fat from the dish.
- Place back in the oven and broil for 5 min.
- Afterwards, take out of the oven. With a spoon or spatula, spread ketchup mixture over meatloaf and place back in the oven on broil for 5 more min.
- Take the meatloaf out of the oven, let cool and enjoy!!!!
I come from a large family (6 siblings) so I am pretty good at making dishes that will leave you with leftovers. Lol. Can we say meal prep?
So if you want to take it down a notch, then by all means go ahead.
Some Things To Consider
- I do not know what the macros are with this dish. If you want the breakdown, I would recommend calculating them based off the ingredients you actually use when you make it.
- Portion size will also play a factor in your macro calculation.
- This dish yields 6 servings for my appetite but may yield more or less depending on your appetite.
- In terms of salt, I HIGHLY recommend you go with Redmond Real Sea Salt. It is one of the best salts around and great for proving quality electrolytes
- Cooking the meatloaf in its fat help keeps it moist. I would not recommend removing it until near the end of the cooking process.
I Would Do Anything For Love…
Including a reference to the singer Meatloaf. Oh yeah!
All bad jokes aside, you now have a meatloaf dish that checks both your keto and taste box. Enjoy it! I know I did.
If you know anyone looking to add variety to their ketogenic lifestyle, please share with them.
While you are here, leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you.
Until then, keep killing this keto sh!t.
Black N Keto